How do I connect my domain?
It’s quite simple to map your registered domain with BodyPress Sites.
Set your DNS
You’ll need to login on the website where you purchased the domain (i.e. GoDaddy, NameCheap, EveryDNS, etc.) and perform a few tasks (if you’re unsure, simply call your domain support hotline, they are more than familiar with this process):
- Go to DNS Manager/Overview
- Select your Domain
- Find and click on Add CNAME
- Where a blank field requests an alias, type or name, add the characters www.
- For the next field titled either hosts, address or points to, use yoursite.bodypresssites.com
- Find and click on Add A record
- Where a blank field requests an alias, type or name, add @ or leave blank.
- For the next field titled either address or points to, use 184.108.40.206
- If anything is unclear, call your domain support, this is a very standard request
At this point, you may need to wait up to 24-48 hours for the domain to point to your site here at Bodypresssites.
Map your domain
Once you have set your DNS records you are going to want to map your domain.
- Login to your Bodypresssites Website
- Goto Advanced Settings
- Click Connect Your Domain
- Under “Add new domain” enter in www.yoursite.com (note do not add http:// or any trailing slashes / after www.yoursite.com)
- Check the box for “Primary domain for this blog”
- Click Add
- Next add yoursite.com (note do not add http:// or any trailing slashes / after yoursite.com. Also note leave out the www as we have added that domain already)
- Click Add, leaving the box unchecked for “Primary domain for this blog”.
- If you have any questions please contact us